Join a team of passionate individuals and witness your career take off and thrive in a setting like no other.
Stingray is a leading business-to-business multi-platform music and in-store media solutions provider operating on a global scale, reaching an estimated 400 million Pay-TV subscribers in 152 countries. Geared towards individuals and businesses alike, Stingray's products include the following leading digital music and video services: Stingray Music, Stingray Concerts, Stingray Music Videos, Stingray Lite TV, Stingray Ambiance and Stingray Karaoke. Stingray also offers various business solutions, including music and digital display-based solutions through its Stingray Business division.
Stingray is currently looking for a full time in-house legal counsel in its Montreal office to work under the supervision of the Vice President, Legal & Business Affairs. Stingray is a young and energetic company that offers a friendly work environment.
Description of Tasks
- Drafting or review of license agreements between Stingray and content providers and copyright holders (e.g. producers, aggregators, labels, publishers, etc.), most of which are in English;
- Verify the compliance of Stingray’s marketing initiatives, projects and contemplated transactions with the requirements and the conditions imposed by the copyright holders (e.g. publishers, labels, collective societies and content providers);
- Provide legal advices and opinions as required by the management and personnel of the various departments of Stingray (e.g. content, licensing, marketing, finances, sales, etc.), including but not limited to, on copyright-related concerns;
- Drafting or review of various IT agreements (e.g. software license agreements, development agreements, colocation agreements and services agreements) between Stingray and third parties, most of which are English;
- Drafting or review of various types of agreements (e.g. distribution agreements and services agreements) between Stingray and third parties, most of which are in English;
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Vice President, Legal & Business Affairs.
- Law degree completed and member in good standing of the Quebec bar;
- Cumulate between 5-8 years of experience in copyright law and IT law (particularly, in license agreements negotiation and drafting);
- Experience in entertainment law or media law would be considered a tremendous asset;
- Perfectly Bilingual (French, English), both orally and in writing;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to manage priorities and multiple files at once in an efficient manner;
- Ability to deal efficiently with a great variety of business transactions and legal questions; and
- Ability to work alone and in a team.
If you are looking for an exceptional work atmosphere and possess the required profile, please send us your resume at email@example.com