WHY DOES STINGRAY COLLECT AND HOLD YOUR INFORMATION?
Stingray generally collects and holds your Information:
- To improve its products and services, communicate with you and provide timely customer service when needed, customize advertising and other content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, conduct research, establish usage statistics of its products and services, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients; and
- If you have requested to receive such information, to provide you with electronic messages, news, free newsletters, updates, contests and special offers from Stingray and/or its partners (including its content providers or copyright holders)
(collectively, the "Purpose").
WHAT INFORMATION DOES STINGRAY COLLECT, HOLD, USE AND DIVULGE?
Stingray collects, holds, uses and divulges the Information that you knowingly choose to disclose and enter on any of its websites or otherwise give to Stingray, such as your name, your e-mail address and postal address, your age and your demographic information.
You can choose not to provide certain Information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of some of Stingray's products and services. You may contact Stingray as set forth in the Section "Contact Stingray about Privacy" to address any issue thereof.
HOW DOES STINGRAY USE YOUR INFORMATION?
Stingray uses your Information to:
- Process payment for the products and services that you purchase from Stingray, when applicable;
- Communicate with you concerning your account;
- Track your location for the purpose of identifying the services and products that are currently available to you;
- Establish and report on usage statistics of its products and services;
- Respond to and perform your requests for products and/or services, including to deliver the products you have purchased;
- Offer you product upgrades, and other products and services;
- Authenticate the users of its products and services;
- Provide you with targeted advertising while using its websites, web players, mobile applications and/or other applications and services; and
- If you have requested to receive such information, provide you with electronic messages, news, free newsletters, updates, contests and special offers from Stingray and/or its partners (including its content providers or copyright holders).
Some of the Information collected by Stingray is necessary to provide you with Stingray's products or services you choose. Stingray's software may include the opportunity to disable certain software features to increase your level of privacy. However, certain technical information (e.g., zip code) may be automatically transmitted between networked servers to authenticate access to products and services, enable their delivery, or optimize your media delivery experience.
WHEN AND HOW DOES STINGRAY SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES?
Stingray may disclose information about its customers to its partners (including to its service or content providers, or to copyright holders) to the extent such disclosure is required for the Purpose. Specifically, Stingray may use third parties to facilitate its business, such as payment processors, to host the services or products at a co-location facility for servers, to send out e-mail updates about Stingray and its products and services, or to provide customer service. In connection with these business operations, Stingray's contractors and service providers may have access to your Information collected by Stingray for use for a limited time in connection with these business activities. Where Stingray utilizes third parties for the processing of any personal information, Stingray implements reasonable contractual and technical protections in order for such third parties to keep all personal information they process strictly confidential. Please note that these third parties may be located in other countries where the laws on processing personal information can differ from the laws of your country of residence.
Stingray may also disclose your Information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform with the law; (b) comply with the order of a competent judicial authority in any jurisdiction; (c) comply with legal process served on Stingray; (d) protect and defend the rights or property of Stingray; (e) enforce or verify your compliance with any part of the agreements that you enter into with Stingray, if any; (f) prevent fraud or other illegal activity perpetrated through Stingray's services and/or products; or (g) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Stingray's products or services or the public at large.
ELECTRONIC MESSAGES FROM STINGRAY
If you have requested to receive such information, Stingray may send electronic messages to you about its products and services, and/or about products and/or services of its partners (including its content providers or copyright holders). Separate Stingray services and lines of business may send separate newsletters and marketing electronic messages. You may opt-out of receiving Stingray's marketing electronic messages and/or newsletters for the relevant product or service as set forth in the Section "Contact Stingray about Privacy". However, Stingray may continue to send you electronic messages to inform you about available upgrades or critical technical service issues relating to a Stingray product or service that you requested or purchased, or provide you with important information on your account.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Stingray takes appropriate precautions to protect your information. Stingray uses physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable regulations to protect your personal information.
ONLINE BEHAVIORAL ADVERTISING
Stingray may collect and use and/or allow third parties to collect and use certain electronic information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) when you interact with Stingray's websites, web players, mobile applications and/or other applications and services in order to provide or allow such third parties to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice, please contact Stingray as set forth in the Section "Contact Stingray about Privacy".
FAILURE TO COMPLY
STORAGE OF YOUR INFORMATION
By using Stingray's websites, web players, mobile applications or other applications, products or services, you are consenting to have your Information transferred to and processed in Canada, the United States and/or the United Kingdom. Your Information will be held by Stingray in Canada, the United States and/or the United Kingdom.
CONTACT STINGRAY ABOUT PRIVACY
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of Stingray's products or services or would like to make a complaint, to request access to the personal information Stingray holds about you, to modify or correct such personal information or if you wish that Stingray discontinues the use of your personal information, please do so through the "Contact Us" section or link on Stingray's websites, web players, mobile applications, or other applications, when such link is available, or please contact Stingray at:
- If you are located in America: Customer Support, Stingray Digital Media Group, 730 Wellington Street, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3C 1T4, tel: 1-514-664-1244, fax: 1-514-664-1143, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are located in Europe: Customer Support, Stingray Digital International Limited,
11 Ronald’s Road and 25 Horsell Road, London N5 1XL, United Kingdom, tel: +44 (0)20 3141 9130, fax: +44 (0)20 3141 9131, email: email@example.com
Your request may be accepted or denied by Stingray based on the applicable laws.
Last updated: February 24, 2015.