Location: Montreal, QC or Toronto, ON
This role provides supports to the customer success team and contribute to the growth and satisfaction of Chatter Research’s clients.
Chatter Research is currently looking for a Client Coordinator. The client coordinator will be involved in every step of the client journey for Chatter Research. He/she will provide support to the customer success team and contribute to the growth and satisfaction of Chatter Research’s clients.
Chatter Research is a retail experience measurement platform for the modern retailer, online and in-store. Clients include Staples, Lush, Fanatics and Nike. Chatter Research is a wholly-owned division of Stingray, a large publicly traded company with over 100,000 retail locations as customers.
What you’ll do
- Ensure that all customers who interact with Chatter have the best experience possible
- Work closely and support the Chatter Research customer success team on a daily basis
- Capture clients’ ad hoc services needs
- Coordinate and provide ad hoc services to clients by collaborating with multiple departments and third party vendors. Services include (but not limited to): artwork design coordination and shipment, translation requests, contest coordination
- Support the Client Product Expert with clients’ requests and provide service information to customers when needed
What we are looking for
- University degree or diploma (in progress or completed);
- 1 to 2 years experience in a similar position;
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. French is an asset.
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team
What you are good at
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team;
- Being empathetic and sympathetic to customer needs, as well as decisive and driven to help;
- Strong diplomatic capabilities and interpersonal skills;
- Strong multitasking skills;
- Ability to manage stress and maintain a positive attitude during peak business periods;
- Share purchase plan (with a contribution from Stingray)
- Group benefit plan
- Free language classes (French & English)
Free on-line fitness classes offered weekly
Flexibility to work remotely
- And much more!
If you are looking for an exceptional workplace and have what it takes to fill this role, please send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stingray supports the principles of Employment Equity and is committed to ensuring our workforce is representative of the communities we serve and in which we operate. Women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities are encouraged to apply and to self-identify so we can work towards full representation of those groups within our company.
Not the job for you? Check out our Careers page to consult other available positions and learn more about Stingray. We’re always on the lookout for new talent.