Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Are you ready to join a team of tech-savvy music lovers and watch your career take off in an exciting, fast-paced, and innovative work environment?
We are looking for smart, curious, and multi-talented people who want to create robust, scalable and exceptional systems!
Our development team is currently looking for a software developer to join the Stingray Asset Management development team and work in an ecosystem of micro-services that supports our multimedia data platform. We are responsible for managing the metadata and media files of hundreds of thousands of concerts, music videos, karaoke songs, and millions of songs across thousands of linear channels, 3rd party video-on-demand platforms and Stingray’s own apps. Help us build this platform that keeps growing every day.
Please note that we are always open to adapt ourselves to your preferences in term of development technologies (full stack, front end and/or back end).
What you’ll do
- Design, develop and maintain software functionalities related to our homegrown asset management systems, the core technological platform at Stingray
- Collaborate with colleagues to support many business projects at Stingray
- Evaluate new technologies to help us improve and maintain of our systems
- Improve the Frontend usability, scalability and look and feel of our software
- Develop in a microservice based environment
- Participate actively in the elaboration and design of operational systems
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related fields
- Proficient with Java programming language
- Experience with Microservices development
- Experience developing RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of database technologies (MySQL, NoSQL)
Nice to haves
- Knowledge of Amazon AWS (EC2, S3) environments
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux environments
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with Jenkins, Maven, Kubernetes, Docker
- Experience with Big Data and Data Engineering frameworks: Apache Beam, Google Cloud Data Flow, Google Big Query
What you’re good at
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Initiative and ability to learn fast
- Thorough and accountable
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and French
- Share purchase plan (with a contribution from Stingray)
- Breakfasts and snacks offered every day
- On-site cafeteria offering lunches at a very reasonable price
- Generous contribution by Stingray to the CDM GYM fees
- On-site free yoga lessons offered twice a week
- And much more!
Stingray’s offices are located in the Old Port of Montreal just minutes from the Lachine Canal bike path, a prime location for picnics or a jogging at lunch time. We are a young, energetic company committed to the well-being of our employees and who ensures it through benefits such as breakfasts, snacks, coffee for all tastes, free treats and 5@7 Fridays. We also have access to virtual health care! What else to say?
If you are looking for an exceptional workplace and have what it takes to fill this role, please send us your resume at email@example.com.
Not the job for you? Check out our Careers page to consult other available positions and learn more about Stingray. We’re always on the lookout for new talent.
Stingray supports the principles of Employment Equity and is committed to ensuring our workforce is representative of the communities we serve and in which we operate. Women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities are encouraged to apply and to self-identify so we can work towards full representation of those groups within our company.