Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Are you ready to join a team of tech-savvy music lovers and thrive in an exciting, fast-paced, and innovative work environment?
Our development team is currently looking for a BI Developer to join the Stingray Data Platform & Analytics team and work on a variety of products, related to in-store music and digital experiences, broadcast and connected TV channels and our different product applications.
As a BI Developer, your role will be broad. You will collaborate with technical and business stakeholders to define KPI requirements and participate in all stages of product and feature analysis, from defining the logging requirements to the creation of dashboards. Further, you will own the data governance tools to ensure good data quality.
We are looking for a business-savvy candidate with an analytical mindset. Someone who can dig into the data to find insights on a product, and advocate for change with other stakeholders according to that insight.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer with at least 2 of those year as a BI developer
- Knowledge of Data Visualization Tools (Tableau, Power BI, MixPanel)
- Good Knowledge of database technologies (BigQuery, MySQL or others)
- Understanding of data governance best practices
- Knowledge of Java, Python, or other object-oriented programming technologies/tools
Nice to have
- Knowledge of Data engineering / ETL Pipeline Technologies: Apache Beam, Google Cloud Data Flow, etc.
- Knowledge of Google Cloud Platform/Amazon AWS
- Experience in the media industry
What you're good at
- People oriented and cooperative mindset
- Strong ability to interpret data in context
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and French
- Initiative and ability to learn fast
Stingray’s offices are located in the Old Port of Montreal just minutes from the Lachine Canal bike path, a prime location for picnics or a jogging at lunch time. We are a young, energetic company committed to the well-being of our employees and who ensures it through benefits such as breakfasts, snacks, coffee for all tastes, free treats and 5@7 Fridays. We also have access to virtual health care! What else to say?
If you are looking for an exceptional workplace and have what it takes to fill this role, please send us your resume at email@example.com.
Not the job for you? Check out our Careers page to consult other available positions and learn more about Stingray. We’re always on the lookout for new talent.
Stingray supports the principles of Employment Equity and is committed to ensuring our workforce is representative of the communities we serve and in which we operate. Women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities are encouraged to apply and to self-identify so we can work towards full representation of those groups within our company.