Heard by decision makers, those who govern and the tens of thousands more who want a voice, VOCM plays a vital and enduring role in Newfoundland & Labrador. Based in St. John’s and heard around the entire province via the VOCM Radio Network, VOCM is the Radio Station of record for Newfoundlanders at home or wherever they may live throughout the world via VOCM.com. Over 14 million page views every month and thousands upon thousands of hours streamed daily. Without question, VOCM has a glorious and impressive history. Now, we want to hire the architect for VOCM’s future. Stingray believes VOCM’s best days are very much ahead of it. Compelling, local content is the foundation of differentiation in a digital world. Combined with ever increasing distribution from new devices like smart speakers and Wi-Fi enabled dashboards, VOCM’s future is very bright in the right hands. Do you have the vision, the drive, the imagination and the competency in a live, news-talk radio environment to shape the future of one of Canada’s legendary radio stations? We are looking for that one special person to be the next Program Director of VOCM. We provide everything you need to get the job done - including market research and awesome people who are inspired and want to win everyday. Stingray also has a generous compensation plan including a competitive salary, bonuses, benefits, stock purchase plan and more. St. John’s has fast become a young and progressive hub for tech, eco-tourism and adventure. We have the city, we have the radio station. All we need is ...you.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, competitive newsroom environment
- Creative thinker, with an outgoing, positive and professional attitude
- Proven News/Programming leadership skills
- Excellent organizational, communication & interpersonal skills
- Ability to write for all media platforms
- Intrinsic knowledge of the issues that impact the local community
- Comprehensive knowledge of local, provincial and national news events
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum 5 years’ experience preferred
If you are looking for an exceptional workplace and have what it takes to fill this position:
- Complete the following Employment Equity Self-Identification Form: www.stingray.com/employment-equity-survey
- And then send us your resume to email@example.com
Submissions deadline: June 30th, 2021
Stingray Radio and Digital supports the principles of Employment Equity is committed to ensuring our workforce is representative of the communities we serve. Women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities are encouraged to apply and to self-identify so we can work towards full representation of those groups within our company.
Stingray Radio and Digital requires all applicants to be legally eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Not the job for you? Check out our Careers page to consult other available positions and learn more about Stingray. We’re always on the lookout for new talent.