Stingray Radio Sudbury is looking for the next promotions/multi-media star. As a part-time member of the street team, you will represent The New HOT 93.5 & Rewind 103.9 at various events, concerts, sales remotes and trade shows throughout the summer. You will also be tasked with a number of behind the scenes projects for both radio stations.
Reporting to the Promotions Director, team members will be motivated, responsible, and energetic and must be able to work independently and as part of a team, while representing each of the radio station brands – while having fun!
- Conduct all activities according to current Public Health and Corporate Health and Safety protocols.
- Bring a ‘Hollywood’ feel to stations on-location events, including audio/video displays, promotional tents, banners, backdrops.
- Be creative and quick thinking; an opportunity for new ideas can arise at a moment’s notice.
- Be knowledgeable and enthusiastic brand ambassadors for the stations by actively engaging listeners and clients.
- Work closely with promotions team to build and maintain great relationships and to develop, as a team, an effective street level presence at all events.
- Generate engaging content for all social media platforms including photos and videos for concerts, events and live remotes, maintaining our station brands
- Set-up and oversee technical equipment at client remotes and live-to-airs.
- Ensure the proper handling and safe storage of promotional signage and equipment.
- Ensure proper and safe usage and maintenance of station vehicles.
- Perform MC duties as required.
- Attend and participate in meetings and creative brainstorms.
- Provide detailed event wrap reports and ideas on ‘how could we make it better’.
- Taking responsibility to ensure efficient and timely execution for all events.
- Help manage prize inventory.
- Assist in video and photo editing as required.
- A valid Ontario G Class driver’s license and a clean driving record are mandatory.
- Graduate or current student of broadcasting, media, PR or marketing program or similar program is considered an asset.
- Graphic and video design skills a definite asset (Photoshop, Canva, iMovie, Premiere Pro).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Excel and Power Point.
- Knowledge of website design programs such as SoCast an asset.
- Knowledge of music from the 70s80s90s/ todays hits is considered an asset.
- Detail oriented: attention to detail is essential!
- Must have a strong knowledge and understanding of social media platforms
- Flexible availability from May through August (including days, evenings, weekends and holidays) and evening/weekend availability September – October.
- Highly energetic, outgoing and eager to interact with listeners and non-listeners to generate excitement at events.
- Self-motivated, team player with a positive attitude and passion to win.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under minimal supervision.
- Must be willing get your hands dirty and handle occasional heavy lifting, while treating equipment with respect and care.
- Understand the importance of representing our Rewind 103.9 / HOT 93.5 brands in a professional manner at all events.
If you are looking for an exceptional workplace and have what it takes to fill this position:
- Complete the following Employment Equity Self-Identification Form: www.stingray.com/employment-equity-survey
- And then send your cover letter and resume to: Devin McNeil – firstname.lastname@example.org (Please confirm within your cover letter that you hold a valid Ontario G-Class License).
Submissions deadline: May 20th, 2021
Stingray Radio supports the principles of Employment Equity is committed to ensuring our workforce is representative of the communities we serve. Women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities are encouraged to apply and to self-identify so we can work towards full representation of those groups within our company.
Stingray Radio requires all applicants to be legally eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Not the job for you? Check out our Careers page to consult other available positions and learn more about Stingray. We’re always on the lookout for new talent.