Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Are you ready to join a team of tech-savvy music lovers and watch your career take off in an exciting, fast-paced, and innovative work environment?
If you are resourceful, dedicated, and curious about solving the challenges related to the evolution of television distribution then we want to hear from you!
We are currently looking for a Software Developer to join our Broadcast team. Reporting to the Lead Software Developer, you will join a team of passionate developers that build solutions for music TV channels distributed around the world. Our range of products extends from traditional television distribution including 4k TV and the famous Log Channel to the next generation over-the-top (OTT) solutions. We are working in development cycles that focuses on value delivery as well as developer creativity and initiatives.
What you’ll do
- Participate actively in the elaboration and design of linear TV channel broadcasting systems
- Design and implement software functionalities related to our media streaming solutions
- Improve, support and maintain the systems you designed
- Work closely with the development team, managers and the product deployment specialist team
What we're looking for
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering or computer science (or equivalent working experience)
- Exceptional object-oriented programming skills (Java)
- Proven experience in software development
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Initiative, collaboration and ability to learn new technologies
- Very good oral communication in French and good written communication skills in French and English
Even better if you have
- Experience with Java Framework (Spring Boot)
- Knowledge of microservices development
- Knowledge of Devops principles and tools (Linux, AWS, Docker, Ansible, CI/CD)
- Knowledge of databases (SQL and document based)
- Share purchase plan (with a contribution from Stingray)
- Breakfasts and snacks offered every day
- On-site cafeteria offering lunches at a very reasonable price
- Generous contribution by Stingray to the CDM GYM fees
- On-site free yoga lessons offered twice a week
And much more!
Stingray’s offices are located in the Old Port of Montreal just minutes from the Lachine Canal bike path, a prime location for picnics or a jogging at lunch time. We are a young, energetic company committed to the well-being of our employees and who ensures it through benefits such as breakfasts, snacks, coffee for all tastes, free treats and 5@7 Fridays. We also have access to virtual health care! What else to say?
If you are looking for an exceptional workplace and have what it takes to fill this role, please send us your resume at email@example.com.
Not the job for you? Check out our Careers page to consult other available positions and learn more about Stingray. We’re always on the lookout for new talent.
Stingray supports the principles of Employment Equity and is committed to ensuring our workforce is representative of the communities we serve and in which we operate. Women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities are encouraged to apply and to self-identify so we can work towards full representation of those groups within our company.