Stingray Television in Lloydminster is looking to hire a Senior News Producer/Anchor/Reporter for our television newsroom in Lloydminster, AB. We are looking for an individual who will work behind the scenes and on air to produce newscasts, as well as anchor, report, edit and write news stories.
The successful candidate for this role will be an enthusiastic, outgoing, and creative individual who is able to multi-task and is prepared to work in a competent and consistent matter to meet daily deadlines on multiple newscasts.
Minimum qualifications include:
- A Broadcasting degree/diploma (or equivalent experience).
- Minimum 3 years-experience in a television newsroom.
- Previous experience with anchoring, reporting, writing, editing and news shooting.
- Strong grasp of the English language.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work under pressure independently as well as within a team environment.
- Experience with Inception News considered an asset.
- Valid driver license with driver’s abstract available upon request.
- Must be able to legally work in Canada.
- Building daily newscasts.
- Vetting reporter stories.
- Contributing ideas for daily news stories for other reporters.
- Shooting, writing and editing news stories daily.
- Anchoring several newscasts and news updates and promos.
- Responsible for newsroom operations when the News Director is away.
- Other related broadcasting duties as assigned.
If you are looking for an exceptional workplace and have what it takes to fill this position:
- Complete the following Employment Equity Self-Identification Form: www.stingray.com/employment-equity-survey
- And then send your resume and online demo to Stacey Commer, Director of News and Television Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org
**Submissions without demos will not be considered. No phone calls please**
Submissions deadline: Friday, April 23/2021 at noon MST.
Stingray supports the principles of Employment Equity is committed to ensuring our workforce is representative of the communities we serve. Women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities are encouraged to apply and to self-identify so we can work towards full representation of those groups within our company.
Stingray requires all applicants to be legally eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Not the job for you? Check out our Careers page to consult other available positions and learn more about Stingray. We’re always on the lookout for new talent.