Are you ready to join a team of tech-savvy music lovers and witness your career take off as you thrive in a setting like no other?
Our development team is currently looking for a QA Team Lead to work on a wide variety of multimedia projects on cutting edge platforms and technologies. Working closely with project managers, team leads and developers, you will have the opportunity to participate in the development of applications for multiple interactive systems.
Your primary responsibility will be leading the team of Quality Assurance testers and ensuring the quality standards within the application development teams. You will also work with colleagues to define testing standards and strategies for the different features of our software applications such as Stingray Music, Stingray Karaoke, and Qello Concerts by Stingray.
We’re looking for smart, curious and multi-talented people who want to be part of the creation of exceptional products.
What you’ll do
- Lead the QA Team through effective managing, coaching, and training
- Define Testing Standards and Strategies
- Manage Risks
- Manage QA bandwidth
- Improve Processes
- Define success criteria for deployment of release in collaboration with the development team
- Take responsibility for recruitment, on-boarding, development and professional training of the quality assurance team
- Collaborate with all departments on the team to ensure their work can be tested efficiently
- Demonstrate good leadership, enthusiasm and sense of commitment
- Oversee the development and execution of test cases
- Propose solutions to improve the testing of projects in the department
- Build feature test plans in partnership with development and testers
- Maintain regular internal communications and encourage a positive and ambitious team atmosphere
- Optimize test plans
- Help create and drive the QA vision of the unit APPS
- Manage the test team’s day to day activities and quality of work
- Own and drive the testing process and any tools involved (Jira, confluence etc)
Who you are
- At least 5-7 years professional Quality Assurance (QA) experience with experience in a leadership role
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative-taking
- A strong and efficient communicator with excellent management skills
- Experience with JIRA or another bug tracking tool
What you’re good at
- Good communication skills (French and English)
- Adaptability and ability to learn fast
- Interest and ability to analyze music in order to identify problems related to multimedia applications
- Managing multiple priorities and communicating these priorities to stakeholders
- Share purchase plan (with a contribution from Stingray);
- Breakfasts and snacks offered every day;
- On-site cafeteria offering lunches at a very reasonable price;
- Generous contribution by Stingray to the CDM GYM fees;
- On-site free yoga lessons offered twice a week;
- And much more!
The Montreal-based Stingray Group is a leading music, media and technology company with over 1,200 employees worldwide. Stingray is a premium provider of curated direct-to-consumer and B2B (business to business) services, including audio television channels, more than 100 radio stations, subscriptions content, 4K UHD television channels, karaoke products, digital signage, in-store music and music apps, which have been downloaded over 150 million times. Stingray reaches 400 million subscribers (or users) in 156 countries.
Our offices are located in the Old Port of Montreal just minutes from the Lachine Canal bike path, a prime location for picnics or jogging at lunch time. We are a young, energetic company committed to the well-being of our employees and ensure it through benefits such as breakfasts, snacks, coffee for all tastes, free treats and 5@7 Fridays. We also have access to virtual health care! What else is there to say?
If you are looking for an exceptional workplace and have what it takes to fill this role, please send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
Not the job for you? Check out our Careers page to consult other available positions and learn more about Stingray. We’re always on the lookout for new talent.
Stingray supports the principles of Employment Equity and is committed to ensuring our workforce is representative of the communities we serve and in which we operate. Women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities are encouraged to apply and to self-identify so we can work towards full representation of those groups within our company.