Are you ready to join a team of tech-savvy music lovers and watch your career take off in an exciting, fast-paced, and innovative work environment?
If you are creative yet analytical, results-driven project manager looking to make your mark with an industry leader, we want to hear from you!
We are currently looking for a Project/Team Manager (Back end) to join our back-end development team. If you have sound technical knowledge, understand database jargon and the interrelations between various back-end systems, then we want to hear from you. This position reports to the Development Unit Manager - Apps.
What you’ll do
- Plan, organize and control the implementation of projects (by phase or others), including budget planning and needs in terms of human and / or material resources
- Prioritize the tasks / bugs to be done for each phase of the project
- Know and understand the project requirements
- Analyse the profitability of projects
- Plan, communicate and review the planned delivery dates to stakeholders
- Manage and prioritize requests related to projects / products, as well as applicants' expectations
- Manage the progress of projects and other product-related requests
- Identify the risks and challenges of projects, and try to minimize them
- Organize and lead meetings related to projects / products
- Explain & answer questions about projects / products
- Analyze the results / benefits related to the projects
- Implementation of strategies allowing decision making on the profitability and viability of projects / products
- Ensure the quality of the project, via QA or other method
- Provide support, maintenance and deployability of the project / product
- Responsible for team motivation
- Implementation of work methodologies that optimize the performance of the team and the satisfaction of stakeholders
Who you are
- Have a Bachelor’s degree or DEC in management, technology, or a related field
- Relevant experience in project management
- Have knowledge of project management tools such as JIRA and MS Project
- Understand concepts of multimedia web, mobile and television applications (IPTV, SmartTV)
- Are bilingual in English and French
What you’re good at
- Excellent verbal and written communication, as well as fantastic interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong initiative
- Excellent ability to organize tasks
- Superior teamwork skills
- Strong leadership
- Autonomous and dynamic
- Share purchase plan (with a contribution from Stingray);
- Breakfasts and snacks offered every day;
- On-site cafeteria offering lunches at a very reasonable price;
- Generous contribution by Stingray to the CDM GYM fees;
- On-site free yoga lessons offered twice a week;
- And much more!
Montreal-based Stingray Group is a leading music, media and technology company with over 1,200 employees worldwide. Stingray is a premium provider of curated direct-to-consumer and B2B (business to business) services, including audio television channels, more than 100 radio stations, subscriptions content, 4K UHD television channels, karaoke products, digital signage, in-store music and music apps, which have been downloaded over 150 million times. Stingray reaches 400 million subscribers (or users) in 156 countries.
Our offices are located in the Old Port of Montreal just minutes from the Lachine Canal bike path, a prime location for picnics or a jogging at lunch time. We are a young, energetic company committed to the well-being of our employees and who ensures it through benefits such as breakfasts, snacks, coffee for all tastes, free treats and 5@7 Fridays. We also have access to virtual health care! What else to say?
If you are looking for an exceptional workplace and have what it takes to fill this role, please send us your resume at email@example.com
Not the job for you? Check out our Careers page to consult other available positions and learn more about Stingray. We’re always on the lookout for new talent.
Stingray supports the principles of Employment Equity and is committed to ensuring our workforce is representative of the communities we serve and in which we operate. Women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities are encouraged to apply and to self-identify so we can work towards full representation of those groups within our company.