Stingray Kamloops is now hiring an experienced Program Director/Talk Show Host for RADIO NL based in Kamloops. Could this be you?
We want to talk to someone who looks at how things are done and wants to do them better. Someone who understands what has to happen behind the scenes of a newstalk station to get the most out of what comes out of the speakers.
A true four-season playground, Kamloops is home to Canada’s most comprehensive university, Thompson Rivers University, is Canada’s Tournament Capital and offers a diversified economy with a base that includes manufacturing, tourism, forestry, mining, agriculture and many service sectors.
- Ability to guide, mentor, and manage a news team – you have proven leadership skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, competitive newsroom environment.
- Creative thinker, with an outgoing, positive and professional attitude.
- Excellent organizational, communication & interpersonal skills.
- Strong interviewing skills.
- Ability to write for all media platforms.
- A working knowledge of the issues that impact the local community.
- Comprehensive knowledge of local, provincial and national news events.
- Knowledge of Music Master and Wide Orbit software.
- A proficiency with social media.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience preferred, including talk show host experience.
If you are looking for an exceptional workplace and have what it takes to fill this position:
- Complete the following Employment Equity Self-Identification Form: www.stingray.com/employment-equity-survey
- And then send your demo, cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission deadline: Friday, December 17, 2021
Stingray Radio supports the principles of Employment Equity is committed to ensuring our workforce is representative of the communities we serve. Women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities are encouraged to apply and to self-identify so we can work towards full representation of those groups within our company.
Stingray Radio requires all applicants to be legally eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Not the job for you? Check out our Careers page to consult other available positions and learn more about Stingray. We’re always on the lookout for new talent.