Are you ready to join a team of tech-savvy music lovers and witness your career take off as you thrive in a setting like no other?
We are currently looking for an Operations and Facilities Manager to join our Operations Team. This position reports to the Director of Operations.
The ideal candidate is passionate about coordinating and ensuring the maintenance and optimal running of Stingray’s facilities in a cost-effective manner and in accordance with all applicable laws.
What you’ll do
Facilities / Building Management
- Ensure maintenance of property
- Manage 3rd party construction companies
- Manage and forecast facilities demands
- Ensure compliance with applicable regulations
- Improve facilities management processes and procedures
- Manage risk and minimize health hazards
- Comply with provincial and federal Health and Safety regulations
- Coordinate the inspection and testing of facilities equipment and physical environment
- Responsible for Building Security, including alarm system first response, and monitor parking lot usage
- Manage camera system operations
- Manage recycling project with Quebecor
- Coordinate security guards’ day-to-day operations
- Negotiate cellphone plans and manage related requests, ensuring correct use of company cell phones in compliance with company guidelines
- Maximize equipment lifespan by ensuring proper preventative maintenance
- Manage access card operations
- Assist in shipping and receiving
- Manage kitchen and maintenance staff
- Create purchase orders and manage approvals
- Approve invoices in ERP system
- Manage furniture purchasing and maintenance
- Manage HVAC contracts and service calls / maintenance
- Manage cleaning crew contracts and daily operations
- Plan for operations purchases (including printer & stamp machine supplies…)
- Manage beer + CO2 orders
- Coordinate printing orders (business cards, envelopes, etc.)
- Manage POS System for Kitchen staff
- Manage company storage facilities (both onsite and offsite)
- Coordinate and plan for Stingray events
- Manage kitchen appliances purchasing + maintenance
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-5 years of related experience; kitchen operations management an asset
- Property management and project management experience; experience in construction projects an asset
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations
- Experience managing a team
- Fluent in French and English
- Must be able to draft communications and memos for the Director of Operations in both French and English
What you are good at
- Working under pressure within tight deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to manage operations spending and budget
- Great organization and planning skills
- Computer literate
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to work autonomously
- Must have a positive approach to problem solving and willingness to improve office management and find continuous ways to improve
- Share purchase plan (with a contribution from Stingray)
- Breakfasts and snacks offered every day
- On-site cafeteria offering lunches at a very reasonable price
- Generous contribution by Stingray to the CDM GYM fees
- On-site free yoga lessons offered twice a week
- And much more!
Stingray's offices are located in the Old Port of Montreal just minutes from the Lachine Canal bike path, a prime location for picnics or a jogging at lunch time. We are a young, energetic company committed to the well-being of our employees and who ensures it through benefits such as breakfasts, snacks, coffee for all tastes, free treats and 5@7 Fridays. We also have access to virtual health care! What else to say?
If you are looking for an exceptional workplace and have what it takes to fill this role, please send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not the job for you? Check out our Careers page to consult other available positions and learn more about Stingray. We’re always on the lookout for new talent.
Stingray supports the principles of Employment Equity and is committed to ensuring our workforce is representative of the communities we serve and in which we operate. Women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities are encouraged to apply and to self-identify so we can work towards full representation of those groups within our company.