Are you ready to join a team of tech-savvy music lovers and witness your career take off as you thrive in a setting like no other? As the world leading multi-platform music service provider offering the best music for every moment, place and mood in your life, Stingray reaches hundreds of millions of listeners daily through mobile apps, the web, television, and in-store media solutions.
We are currently looking for a Legal Counsel to work under the supervision of the Vice President, Legal & Business Affairs.
What you’ll do
- Drafting/Review of agreements for the distribution of Stingray’s services to retailers and other commercial establishments (in French and English);
- Drafting/Review of other types of agreements (e.g. non-disclosure agreements, service agreements) between Stingray and third parties, most of which are in English;
- Drafting/Review of other legal documents (e.g. responses to RFPs, assignment letters);
- Assist the Vice President, Legal & Business Affairs, and the Senior Legal Counsel as needed (e.g. legal researches, advices and opinions as required); and
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Vice President, Legal & Business Affairs.
What we are looking for
- Law degree completed and member in good standing of the Quebec bar;
- Cumulate between 2 to 4 years of experience in commercial law (particularly, in contract drafting) and in intellectual property law;
- Experience in privacy, IT, media or entertainment law would be considered an asset;
- Bilingual is essential (English and French, spoken and written);
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, meticulous;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple files efficiently, and to comply with deadlines;
- Self-motivated, having a positive attitude and being a team-player; and
- Ability to adapt to a constant evolving environment.
- Share purchase plan (with a contribution from Stingray);
- Breakfasts and snacks offered every day;
- On-site cafeteria offering lunches at a very reasonable price;
- Generous contribution by Stingray to the CDM GYM fees;
- On-site free yoga lessons offered twice a week;
- 5@7 on Fridays, and much more!
Stingray's offices are located in the Old Port of Montreal just minutes from the Lachine Canal bike path, a prime location for picnics or a jogging at lunch time. We are a young, energetic company committed to the well-being of our employees. We also have access to virtual health care! What else to say?
If you are looking for an exceptional workplace and have what it takes to fill this role, please send us your resume at email@example.com.
Not the job for you? Check out our Careers page to consult other available positions and learn more about Stingray. We’re always on the lookout for new talent.
Stingray supports the principles of Employment Equity and is committed to ensuring our workforce is representative of the communities we serve and in which we operate. Women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities are encouraged to apply and to self-identify so we can work towards full representation of those groups within our company.