You’re a quick-witted wordsmith with an eagle eye for detail and a knack for knocking out great copy at the drop of a hat. You live and breathe grammar, syntax, style, and tone. You love a good narrative, loathe a bad pun, and you’re passionate about the Oxford comma.
You’re skilled at converting business, marketing, and sales jargon into palatable, well-structured content and collateral. One of your many strengths is to understand a business or a brand fully before writing about it.
Lastly, you’re a master of your craft with a dazzling personality who knows there’s no room for big egos at the creative table.
If you’re nodding emphatically, keep reading. Your dream job as a Freelance English Copywriter among kindred spirits and tech-savvy music lovers awaits.
What you’ll do
- Contribute to developing/enhancing the message, tone, and voice of Stingray’s various products and brands
- Contribute to concept development of inspiring brand executions and performance-driven creative marketing assets
- Write original and engaging copy for:
- Website and app content
- Press releases
- Sales and Media Solutions collateral
- Digital marketing campaigns (newsletters, display, social media)
- Promo video, show reel, and voiceover scripts
- Speaker notes and speeches for events and presentations
- Copy decks and style guides
- Other ad hoc promotional materials
- Proofread, fact check, edit material
- Uphold quality standards, maintain consistent spelling and terminology, and adhere to brand guidelines at all times
- Apply SEO principles when relevant
- Coordinate translation as required
- Report into the Director, Creative Services
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Creative Writing, Literature, Communications, or a relevant field of study
- 5-7+ years of experience as a Copywriter; 2-3+ in an agency setting
- Strong portfolio of work with a wide range of project types
- Experience with creative strategy and brand storytelling for a variety of media
- Talent for adapting tone and style to different brands
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills in both English and French
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite an asset
What you are good at
- Ability to think creatively and write well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think critically and understand business terms and objectives
- Ability to receive and provide constructive criticism
- Marked ability to communicate clearly, tactfully, and calmly
- Strong leadership skills and ability to collaborate with others
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Self-motivation to grow and learn
- Positive team spirit
Sound like your cup of tea? Go ahead and apply while we put the water to boil. Simply send us your résumé at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not the job for you? Check out our Careers page to consult other available positions and learn more about Stingray. We’re always on the lookout for new talent.