Location: Montreal, Qc, Canada
Are you ready to join a team of tech-savvy music lovers and witness your career take off as you thrive in a setting like no other?
The ideal candidate is passionate about financial modeling, data analytics and charts and dedicated to working with a small team reporting directly to executive level and CEO of a publicly traded company.
We are currently seeking for an Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst. In this role, you are expected to assist in the modeling and analysis at the corporate level of the organization and support the M&A and Finance Team. The ideal candidate for this position has a profile that combines a keen mind for data analytics, finance understanding, and good team and communication skills.
What you’ll do
- Compare results against budgets and forecasts and perform variance analysis to explain differences in performance and make improvements going forward.
- Produce insightful, and analytical commentary and reporting to assist the decision making of financial and non-financial stakeholders.
- Work through a month-end process. Prepare monthly reporting for the internal business units and corporate team and perform validation checks.
- Serve as a key finance analyst to departments and assist them in building out their forecasts, budgets, and various analysis.
- Consolidate large amounts of information into one overall budget or forecast.
- Manage the information extraction from various systems or different people within a large organisation.
- Maintain reporting templates, respective of chart of account changes and other requirements.
- Enhance and monitor KPIs and company metrics. Create useful company reports for the executive level and keep the metrics updated with the different business units.
- Assist in developing and preparing monthly, quarterly materials and commentary for business reviews, executive discussions, board presentations, etc.
- Assist with ad-hoc financial analysis, modeling, and special projects such as preparing internal reports for executive leadership and supporting their decision making.
- Support the M&A Team and Head of Finance on a recurring basis in preparing different financial requests including investor relationship presentations, financing activities, due diligence, subsidies filing, and other company strategic initiatives.
What we are looking for
- Excellent Excel skills
- Fluency in PowerPoint and ability to present data in an organized visual manner
- Ability to learn and use information systems (e.g. SAP, Salesforce, etc.)
- Exposure to data visualization software a plus (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI, etc.)
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
- Autonomous and capability to work in a diverse team in a context of strict deadline and under pressure
- Bilingual (Spoken French & English) & strong verbal communication skills
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, relevant field, or equivalent
3+ years of experience in financial or operational Analysis
- Share purchase plan (with a contribution from Stingray)
- Access to virtual healthcare
- Stingray café with breakfasts and snacks offered every day
- Free on-line fitness classes offered weekly
- Access to private nutrition & wellness advising
- Free language classes
- On-site live artist performances*
- 5@7 Fridays*
- Flexibility to work from home
- And much more!
*Some perks on hold during pandemic context
Montreal-based Stingray Group is a leading music, media and technology company with over 1,200 employees worldwide. Stingray is a premium provider of curated direct-to-consumer and B2B (business to business) services, including audio television channels, more than 100 radio stations, subscriptions content, 4K UHD television channels, karaoke products, digital signage, in-store music and music apps, which have been downloaded over 150 million times. Stingray reaches 400 million subscribers (or users) in 156 countries. Stingray’s offices are located in the Old Port of Montreal just minutes from the Lachine Canal bike path, a prime location for picnics or a jogging at lunch time (Change according to location).
If you are looking for an exceptional workplace and have what it takes to fill this role, please send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stingray supports the principles of Employment Equity and is committed to ensuring our workforce is representative of the communities we serve and in which we operate. Women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities are encouraged to apply and to self-identify so we can work towards full representation of those groups within our company.
Not the job for you? Check out our Careers page to consult other available positions and learn more about Stingray. We’re always on the lookout for new talent.