Are you ready to join a team of tech-savvy music lovers and witness your career take off as you thrive in a setting like no other?
The ideal candidate is passionate about music & audio production, with strong communication and organization skills in order to assist the production and curation teams in growing Stingray’s music library and managing hundreds of playlists.
We are currently seeking for a Content Manager to join our music team. This position reports to the Programming Manager: Stingray Music App.
What you’ll do
- Review daily new music available through various partners and services and add relevant songs/albums to our music library
- Review worldwide music charts of all genre to find new music
- Communicate important new releases and adds to library to our team of curators
- Assist and team of curators in finding music and updating their playlists following their guidelines
- Assure quality of new music and data added to our library (song info & credits, album cover, audio file, tags…) Make corrections or find missing info when needed
- Assist Manager in monitoring content of the app, coordinating monthly content initiatives
- Assist Manager in preparing various performance/popularity reports and analysis and monitoring.
- Coordinate partnership and commercial initiatives.
- Depending on candidate music expertise and interest, manage a collection of channels.
What we are looking for
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience coordinating in the music or media industry across music programming, content management, music or book retail, library work, research or curation for radio, web or TV
- A broad knowledge of various musical styles, genres and eras.
- Strong familiarity with pop culture, internet trends, on-line music services and social media
- Ability to manage tasks & projects in a fast-paced, commercially focused and demanding environment.
- Strong and tactful communication skills, both written and verbal (English, French)
- Strong Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) skills and documents creation.
- Experience with Digital Asset Management
- Experience with Project Management software an asset. (Jira, Wrike, Confluence or others)
- Multilingual is a definite asset (Spanish, Portuguese or Korean for examples)
What you do well
- Highly organized, detail-oriented with strong organizational & analytical skills.
- Research and data collection skills
- Works well with various teams in fast paced environments
- Autonomous, dynamic with the ability to work alone with minimal supervision
- Strong computer skills with an ease for learning new platform, environment & software
- Problem-solving skills
- Share purchase plan (with a contribution from Stingray)
- Breakfasts and snacks offered every day
- On-site cafeteria offering lunches at a very reasonable price
- Generous contribution by Stingray to the CDM GYM fees
- On-site free yoga lessons offered twice a week
- And much more!
** In the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, some of these benefits are not available or are being offered in a different format
Stingray's offices are located in the Old Port of Montreal just minutes from the Lachine Canal bike path, a prime location for picnics or a jogging at lunch time. We are a young, energetic company committed to the well-being of our employees and who ensures it through benefits such as breakfasts, snacks, coffee for all tastes, free treats and 5@7 Fridays. We also have access to virtual health care! What else to say?
If you are looking for an exceptional workplace and have what it takes to fill this role, please send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
Not the job for you? Check out our Careers page to consult other available positions and learn more about Stingray. We’re always on the lookout for new talent.
Stingray supports the principles of Employment Equity and is committed to ensuring our workforce is representative of the communities we serve and in which we operate. Women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities are encouraged to apply and to self-identify so we can work towards full representation of those groups within our company.