Newfoundland and Labrador’s news leader, VOCM, is looking for broadcast journalist for our news operation in St. John’s. With VOCM’s commitment to local news, we are looking for a journalist who wants to report on the stories that make a difference to the people of the province.
The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Researching, writing, reporting, and on-air reading
- Covering various events which may include the Provincial Legislature, municipal council meetings and news conferences
- Developing and following up on story ideas, and gathering news information
- Must be willing to work any and all shifts
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Minimum 2-3 years journalistic/broadcast experience an asset
- Computer experience (experience with NEWSROOM an asset)
- A strong work ethic with a team-oriented approach
- Valid driver’s license
If you believe you are the person for our team, we’d like to talk to you.
If you are looking for an exceptional workplace and have what it takes to fill this position:
- Complete the following Employment Equity Self-Identification Form: www.stingray.com/employment-equity-survey
- Send your resume and audio sample to Kerri Hodder, email@example.com
Submissions deadline: Friday, September 11, 2020.
Stingray Radio supports the principles of Employment Equity is committed to ensuring our workforce is representative of the communities we serve. Women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities are encouraged to apply and to self-identify so we can work towards full representation of those groups within our company.
Stingray Radio requires all applicants to be legally eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Not the job for you? Check out our Careers page to consult other available positions and learn more about Stingray. We’re always on the lookout for new talent.