Are you ready to join a team of tech-savvy music lovers and witness your career take off as you thrive in a setting like no other?
We are looking for an Accounting Technician to join the Stingray Business Finance team. Knowledge and experience with the full-cycle of accounting is a must. This position reports to the Controller.
What you’ll do
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations
- Prepare and maintain the following monthly reports: accruals, prepaids, fixed asset and amortization schedules, intangible asset and amortization schedules, etc.
- Prepare Sales Tax declarations
- Assist the Chief Accountant with various month-end reports such as: cost analysis, A/R analysis, reports for management, preparation of financial statements, etc.
- Prepare interim and year-end documents for the external auditors
- Perform ad hoc assignments as required
Who you are
- DEC in Accounting
- Minimum 2 – 3 years of experience in a similar position
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience using an accounting ERP software (Great Plains is an asset)
- Bilingual (Fluent in English is a must)
What you are good at
- Being autonomous, dynamic and resourceful
- Working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines
- Organization and time management
- Being detail-oriented
- Share purchase plan (with a contribution from Stingray)
- Breakfasts and snacks offered every day
- On-site cafeteria offering lunches at a very reasonable price
- Generous contribution by Stingray to the CDM GYM fees
- On-site free yoga lessons offered twice a week
- And much more!
** In the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, some of these benefits are not available or are being offered in a different format
Stingray's offices are located in the Old Port of Montreal just minutes from the Lachine Canal bike path, a prime location for picnics or jogging at lunch time. We are a young, energetic company committed to the well-being of our employees and ensure it through awesome perks like breakfasts, snacks, coffee for all tastes, free treats and 5@7 Fridays. We also offer access to virtual health care! What more could one want?
If you are looking for an exceptional workplace and have what it takes to fill this role, please send us your resume at email@example.com
Not the job for you? Check out our Careers page to consult other available positions and learn more about Stingray. We’re always on the lookout for new talent.
Stingray supports the principles of Employment Equity and is committed to ensuring our workforce is representative of the communities we serve and in which we operate. Women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities are encouraged to apply and to self-identify so we can work towards full representation of those groups within our company.