- With the new Subscription Video On Demand services, Totalplay customers will enjoy an impressive collection of live concerts with Qello Concerts by Stingray starting October 29, 2020. With the upcoming launch of Stingray Classica and Stingray Karaoke, a great variety of classical music performances and thousands of karaoke songs will be added to Totalplay’s premium music offering
Montreal, October 29, 2020 – Stingray Group Inc. (TSX: RAY. A; RAY. B), a leading music, media, and technology company, today announced that it has reached a distribution agreement with Totalplay in Mexico to distribute its Subscription Video On Demand services Qello Concerts by Stingray, Stingray Karaoke, and Stingray Classica. The new music services complement Totalplay’s robust music offering, including other Stingray music channels and services.
Starting today, Qello Concerts by Stingray SVOD service is available to all Totalplay customers for a monthly subscription. Stingray Classica and Stingray Karaoke will be launched soon after; both services will be offered for a monthly subscription each.
The new premium services, created especially for music fans, Qello Concerts by Stingray, Stingray Classica, and Stingray Karaoke bring to subscribers sold-out concert performances by music’s biggest headliners, a collection of beautiful classical music, operas, and ballets from around the world, and the best karaoke experience that would allow them to grab the mic and sing their hearts out to massive, crowd-pleasing hits.
“We have built a strong partnership with Totalplay and are delighted to bring our professionally curated music content to its customers,” said Eric Boyko, President, Cofounder, and CEO of Stingray. “The new SVOD services, combined with the other Stingray channels and services currently available to Totalplay subscribers, offer the ultimate music experience to music fans.”
“We offer our customers a one-stop entertainment destination and music is a very important part of it,” commented Hugo Adrián Hernández, Director of Television and Content Acquisition, Totalplay. “The added benefit of the Stingray services not only provides our subscribers with access to a suite of music products but also includes a great variety of genres and programming categories.”
Qello Concerts by Stingray Highlights
- Over 600-asset library spans most popular music genres: classic, alternative, and progressive rock, pop, metal, Latin, jazz, EDM, indie, and more
- Features the biggest headliners of today and yesterday such as Alejandro Sanz, Beyoncé, Bon Jovi, Cristian Castro, Juan Gabriel, David Bowie, Eric Clapton, Imagine Dragons, Lady Gaga, Metallica, Miguel Bose, Nirvana, Queen, Ricky Martin, Santana, Sin Bandera, Thalia, The Doors, U2
- New concerts added monthly
Stingray Classica Highlights
- A collection of more than 600 assets of classical music, operas, and ballets from around the world
- Prestigious international productions, exclusive premieres, and archives
- Classical music: Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony, Bach’s Brandenburg Concertos, Mozart’s 21st Piano Concert, New Year’s Concert from Vienna, LA Philharmonic at The Hollywood Bowl
- Ballet: Swan Lake, The Nutcracker, Sleeping Beauty, Romeo & Juliet, Peter Pan, Don Quixote, Giselle
- Opera: Madame Butterfly, La Bohème, The Marriage of Figaro, La Traviata, Carmen, Tristan und Isolde, The Barber of Seville, Tosca
Stingray Karaoke Highlights
- An extensive catalog with over 12,000 songs featuring the most popular music genres including pop, rock, reggaeton, tropical, hip-hop, and more
- Today’s hits and yesterday’s classics in the style of The Beatles, Jennifer Lopez, Enrique Iglesias, Juan Gabriel, Lupillo Rivera, Paulina Rubio, Enmanuel, Pablo Montero, Los Tucanes de Tijuana, Mana, Bob Marley and The Wailers, Alicia Keys, Britney Spears
- Disney favorites such as Frozen, Moana, Beauty and the Beast, Descendants, among others.
- A monthly subscription provides members the ability to grab the mic and belt out their favorite tunes whenever the mood strikes
- New songs added every month
- Whether on television, web, or mobile devices, Stingray offers the best music experience whatever the time, place, or mood.
Montreal-based Stingray Group Inc. (TSX: RAY.A; RAY.B) is a leading music, media, and technology company with over 1,200 employees worldwide. Stingray is a premium provider of curated direct-to-consumer and B2B services, including audio television channels, more than 100 radio stations, SVOD content, 4K UHD television channels, karaoke products, digital signage, in-store music, and music apps, which have been downloaded over 150 million times. Stingray reaches 400 million subscribers (or users) in 156 countries. For more information: www.stingray.com.
Totalplay is the leading telecommunications provider for the triple play market that, through its Fiber Optic network, reaches the homes of Mexicans delivering the top entertainment experience of the highest quality, positioning itself as the company with the best services, fastest speeds, and most advanced technology. Unique in offering up to 500 Mbps download speed, interactive television, and features such as Whenever and Wherever. To find out more please visit: www.totalplay.com.mx.
For more information, please contact:
Senior Vice President, Marketing and Communications
514-664-1244, ext. 2362
Director of Marketing, Latin America