Stingray Digital, a worldwide leading provider of multiplatform music services, announced today that it will acquire eMedia Networks’ Canadian commercial accounts in a cash transaction. These accounts currently receive eMedia’s service of customized foreground music for retail, restaurant and other types of business.
“This is a very strategic and synergistic acquisition for Stingray Digital since it allows us to grow our commercial subscriber base very quickly in a significant manner,” commented Eric Boyko, President and CEO of Stingray Digital. “Clients of eMedia will be able to benefit from Stingray’s extensive expertise in additional in-store sensorial marketing services including digital signage, scent and sound system design and installation,” he added.
Stingray Digital’s commercial music services currently serve more than 56,000 commercial locations in Canada, and this acquisition will add another 5,000 locations with prestigious retail clients such as Roots, Ardene, Bouclair and Le Château among others. Stingray Digital is the largest provider of music services in Canada both for residential use through the Galaxie music service delivered to more than 10 million homes in Canada and enjoyed by 60% of Canadians on a regular basis, and for commercial use with now more than 61,000 commercial locations receiving Stingray Digital-produced music programming.
About Stingray Digital Media Group
Stingray Digital is the leading multi-platform music service provider in the world, with more than 75 million subscribers in 71 different countries. Our properties include:
- Galaxie, the leading digital music service on TV in Canada and in the US (www.galaxie.ca)
- The KARAOKE Channel, the world’s largest licensed karaoke library and karaoke service on TV and Internet (www.thekaraokechannel.com)
- Music Choice Europe, the leading digital music service on TV in Europe and Africa (www.musicchoiceinternational.com)
- Concert TV, a video-on-demand service distributed to 45 million homes in the US and in Canada (www.concerttv.com)
- Stingray360, a leader in sensorial marketing solutions for business (www.stingray360.com)
- Stingray Music, music licensing for film, television, advertising and other (www.stingray-music.com)
Stingray Digital is financially backed by Telesystem and Novacap. Headquartered in Montreal, Quebec, the company has 200 employees in offices across Canada and additional offices in Los Angeles, and London, England. For more information, visit www.stingraydigital.com.
For more information, please contact:
Gary Pelletier, Vice President, Marketing
Stingray Digital Media
Cohn & Wolfe