Commercial-free music service now available in 16 countries in the region
Stingray Digital, a Montreal-based provider of music services to multi-channel operators, announces recently signed deals in several countries throughout the Caribbean and Latin America.
The Galaxie Music Service has been selected by television service providers in Barbados, Bermuda, The British Virgin Islands, Bahamas, Trinidad & Tobago, St. Marteen, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Honduras México, Ecuador, Panama and El Salvador. With these new customers for Galaxie, the service is now available in 16 different countries in the region and in more than 1 million households.
“Stingray Digital is proud to be launching the Galaxie music service with so many of the top television service providers in the region,” said Eric Boyko, President and CEO of Stingray Digital. “We have introduced more than a dozen Spanish and Caribbean local channels as well as many service enhancements like on-screen visuals and multiplatform access. Operators recognize that we offer the best service and have responded by signing long term contracts with us,” he added.
The Galaxie Music Service includes 50 commercial-free, professionally-programmed music channels in all popular genres including Salsa, Reggaeton, Rock, Pop, Jazz, Classical and many more selected from a collection of more than 200 channels in dozens of languages. The music is complemented by attractive visual display on the television along with the album cover art-work and details of the currently playing song. Subscribers to the operators’ television services will receive Galaxie for free as part of their television package. Stingray’s music service also includes a complete suite of music video content for VOD.
About Stingray Digital Group:
Stingray Digital is the leading multi-platform music service provider in the world, with more than 75 million subscribers in 61 different countries. Our properties include:
- Galaxie, the leading digital music service on TV and multiplatform in Canada, in the US and in Latin America (www.galaxie.ca)
- The KARAOKE Channel, the world’s largest licensed karaoke library and karaoke service on TV and Internet (www.thekaraokechannel.com)
- Music Choice Europe, the leading digital music service on TV in Europe and Africa (www.musicchoiceinternational.com)
- Concert TV, a video-on-demand service distributed to 45 million homes in the US and in Canada (www.concerttv.com)
- Stingray360, a leader in sensorial marketing solutions for business (www.stingray360.com)
- Stingray Music, music licensing for film, television, advertising and other (www.stingray-music.com)
Stingray Digital is financially backed by Telesystem and Novacap. Headquartered in Montreal, Quebec, the company has 200 employees in offices across Canada and additional offices in Los Angeles, London, England and Tel Aviv. For more information, visit www.stingraydigital.com.
For more information, please contact:
Tel: (514) 664-1244 Ext. 2283