Your innate artistic talent and technical expertise in design for web, TV and print are matched only by your exceptional leadership skills. You believe in leaving your ego at the door, take pride in your impeccable work ethic, and impart your creative wisdom through constructive criticism. And you might even know a thing or two (or three) about motion design.
In short, you’re an accomplished creative multi-disciplinarian with a solid portfolio of inspiring executions that connect brands to audiences through a variety of different media.
Sound about right?
Welcome, oh Creative One. Your dream job as Art director among kindred spirits and tech-savvy music lovers awaits.
What you’ll do
- Create visual identity systems and brand guidelines for Stingray’s ever-evolving brands and linear channels;
- Thoughtfully design graphic elements with motion design considerations for TV promo spots, channel leaders and bumpers, app tutorials, social media materials, etc.;
- Collaborate with Copy, Video, and Motion Design colleagues to develop visual direction and tone of performance-driven creative marketing executions;
- Clearly articulate creative concepts and design rationale to peers and clients alike;
- Oversee and review all design executions to ensure they respect guidelines and uphold the highest standards of quality;
- Inspire, lead, coach and manage a small team of Graphic and Web Designers; help them refine their concepts and improve their design skills;
- Research latest industry trends, tools, emerging tech, and best practices; review, share, and apply learnings;
- Maximize team efficiencies by continuously optimizing design tools and workflows;
- Report into the Creative Services Director.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Interactive Web Design, Fine Arts, Multimedia or another relevant field of study;
- 3-5+ years working as an Art Director in charge of a team of designers, in a TV production, advertising and/or digital marketing environment;
- Expert-level skills with Adobe Creative Suite (experience with Adobe Premiere an asset);
- Strong design portfolio that showcases branding, multi-device web design, TV and print executions;
- Proficiency in both English and French.
What you are good at
- Commitment to applying the latest graphic design and typography trends;
- Ability to think strategically and creatively;
- Strong leadership and people management skills;
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral, and via design);
- Ability to work well under pressure, in a cross-functional environment;
- Self-motivation to grow and learn.
- Share purchase plan (with a contribution from Stingray);
- Group benefit plan;
- Breakfasts and snacks offered every day;
- On-site cafeteria offering lunches at budget-friendly price;
- Generous nearby gym membership discount;
- On-site free yoga lessons offered twice a week;
- On-site live artist performances;
- 5@7 Fridays;
- And much more!
Stingray's offices are located in the Old Port of Montreal just minutes from the Lachine Canal bike path, a prime location for picnics or a jogging at lunch time. We are a young, energetic company committed to the well-being of our employees and ensure it through awesome perks like breakfasts, snacks, coffee for all tastes, treats and 5@7 Fridays. We also offer access to virtual health care! What more could one want?
Sound like your cup of tea? Go ahead and apply while we put the water to boil. Simply send us your résumé and a link to your portfolio at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not the job for you? Check out our Careers page to consult other available positions and learn more about Stingray. We’re always on the lookout for new talent.