Programming Manager: Music App
Does music get you up in the morning and keep you up at night? Are you ready to join a team of tech-savvy music lovers and witness your career take off as you thrive in a setting like no other? Then this is the position for you!
We are currently looking for a Programming Manager: Music App to join our Content & Programming team.
What you’ll do
Reporting directly to the Director of Content & Programming, you will manage the content, programming, curation, and content operations of a globally-distributed music app available across mobile, web, satellite, and cable networks. You will also collaborate with an internal and external team of music programmers.
- Manage the content and programming of our music app according to the strategy;
- Develop the concept for new playlists, playlist series and identify curation opportunities;
- Stay up to date on trends and identify gaps in our music offering;
- Find new local and international curators, assign playlists requests, coordinate production and manage invoicing;
- Manage the publication of new playlists, titles, descriptions, translations, tagging and metadata and territory restrictions;
- Manage the app’s editorial calendar, collections and highlights;
- Communicate new releases and editorial programming to the marketing and social media teams;
- Review and analyze performance data to improve app performance;
- Support the product and development teams to improve features such as search, recommendations and voice activation;
- Coordinate the app’s release in new territories: review the navigation, recommend local content, coordinate translations, etc.;
- Curate and update a playlist selection.
What we are looking for
- At least 3 years of experience in the music or entertainment industry in a management, project coordination or music curation position;
- Proficient knowledge of MS PowerPoint, Words, Outlook & Excel.
- Experience with database or music programming system (an asset);
- Experienced in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience in a media or entertainment environment (an asset);
- Perfectly bilingual.
What you are good at
- Strong multitasking and organizational skills;
- Good familiarity with popular culture;
- Strong knowledge of music across multiple genres;
- Being a positive, fun team player and a music lover;
- Self-motivated with a keen eye for detail and quality;
- Internet savvy with strong research skills.
- Share purchase plan (with a contribution from Stingray);
- Group benefit plan;
- Breakfasts and snacks offered every day;
- On-site cafeteria offering lunches at budget-friendly price;
- Generous nearby gym membership discount;
- On-site free yoga lessons offered twice a week;
- On-site live artist performance;
- 5@7 Fridays;
- And much more!
Stingray's offices are located in the Old Port of Montreal just minutes from the Lachine Canal bike path, a prime location for picnics or jogging at lunch time. We are a young, energetic company committed to the well-being of our employees and ensure it through awesome perks like breakfasts, snacks, coffee for all tastes, free treats and 5@7 Fridays. We also offer access to virtual health care! What more could one want?
If you are looking for an exceptional workplace and have what it takes to fill this role, please send us your resume at email@example.com .
Not the job for you? Check out our Careers page to consult other available positions and learn more about Stingray. We’re always on the lookout for new talent.