Hot 105.5 and Ocean 100 are looking for the next promotions superstar! As member of the promotions team, you will represent the stations at various events, concerts, sales remotes and trade shows throughout the summer.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, team members will be motivated, responsible, and energetic and must be able to work independently and as part of a team, while representing each of the radio station brands – while having fun!
This is a seasonal part-time opportunity from May 2019 – September 2019.
- Bring a ‘Hollywood’ feel to stations on-location events, including audio/video displays, promotional tents, banners, backdrops.
- Be creative and quick thinking; an opportunity for new ideas can arise at any moment’s notice.
- Be knowledgeable and enthusiastic brand ambassadors for the stations by actively engaging listeners and clients.
- Work closely with promotions team to build and maintain great relationships and to develop, as a team, an effective street level presence at all events.
- Ensure the proper handling and safe storage of all promotional signage and equipment.
- Ensure proper and safe usage and maintenance of station vehicles.
- Perform MC duties as required.
- Develop current and compelling content for all social media platforms.
- Attend and participate in meetings and creative brainstorms.
- Taking responsibility to ensure efficient and timely execution for all events.
- A valid full driver’s license and clean driving record is mandatory.
- Graduate or current student of broadcasting, media, public relations or marketing program preferred.
- Previous radio experience is considered an asset.
- Detail oriented: attention to detail is essential!
- Must have a strong knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (i.e. You know how to clearly communicate with and engage the social media audience in 140 characters or less!)
- Availability from late May 2019 – September 2nd , 2019 including evenings, weekends, holidays and occasional late nights.
- Highly energetic, outgoing and eager to interact with listeners and non-listeners to generate excitement at events.
- Self-motivated, team player with a positive attitude and passion to win.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment under minimal supervision.
- Must be willing get your hands dirty and handle occasional heavy lifting, while treating equipment with respect and care.
- Understand the importance of representing our HOT 105.5/OCEAN 100 brands in a professional manner at all events.
If you are looking for an exceptional workplace and have what it takes to fill this position:
Complete the following Employment Equity Self-Identification Form: www.stingray.com/employment-equity-survey
Email us your cover letter (please confirm within your cover letter that you hold a valid non-restricted driver’s license).
And then send your resume to Promotions Coordinator - Mallory Coish firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions deadline: FEBRUARY 28, 2019.
Not the job for you? Check out our Careers page to consult other available positions and learn more about Stingray. We’re always on the lookout for new talent.