Stingray Kamloops RADIO NL is now hiring an experienced multi-talented News Director and Talk Show Host based in Kamloops. Could this be you?
Situated at the junction of the North and South Thompson Rivers in the Thompson Valley, Kamloops is the second largest city in the BC Interior with a growing population of 90,000 people.
A true four season playground, Kamloops is home to Canada’s most comprehensive university, Thompson Rivers University, is Canada’s Tournament Capital and offers a diversified economy with a base that includes manufacturing, tourism, forestry, mining, agriculture and many service sectors.
Reporting to the RADIO NL Program Director, you will work with and contribute to the daily operation of one of the most active newsrooms in British Columbia. We are looking for a collaborative and dynamic individual, with a proven track record of newsroom leadership, talent development, innovative thinking, and change management.
- Leading and developing an active news team and growing emerging talent
- Scheduling and managing news team shifts
- Actively developing local news contacts and relationships
- Writing and creating news stories that are engaging and informative to our Kamloops audience and can live both online and on-air.
- Anchoring newscasts weekdays when needed
- Being flexible to adjust to breaking news as it happens.
- Sending all newsroom stories down the wire to Canadian Press and other news services.
- Actively updating digital and social media with current stories.
- Being prepared to do live hits either in studio, by phone or on-location on stories you are covering at a moment’s notice.
- Anchoring a 1-hour news based talk show each weekday
- Communicating with the Program Director each day on news activity
- Organizing and running a daily scheduled newsroom meetings
- Ability to work in a fast paced, competitive newsroom environment
- Creative thinker, with an outgoing, positive and professional attitude
- Proven newsroom leadership skills
- Excellent organizational, communication & interpersonal skills
- Strong interviewing skills
- Ability to write for all media platforms
- Intrinsic knowledge of the issues that impact the local community
- Comprehensive knowledge of local, provincial and national news events
- Expertise in audio editing of news stories
- Strong working knowledge of Burli Newsroom and Socast digital software (or comparable programs)
- A proficiency with social media
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum 5 years’ experience preferred
If you are looking for an exceptional workplace and have what it takes to fill this position:
- Complete the following Employment Equity Self-Identification Form: www.stingray.com/employment-equity-survey
- And then send your demo and resume to Howie Reimer, Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions deadline: May 22, 2019.
Not the job for you? Check out our Careers page to consult other available positions and learn more about Stingray. We’re always on the lookout for new talent.