Are you ready to join a team of tech-savvy music lovers and witness your career take off as you thrive in a setting like no other? As the world leading multi-platform music service provider offering the best music for every moment, place and mood in your life, curated by experts around the globe, Stingray reaches hundreds of millions of listeners daily through mobile applications, the web, linear and on-demand television, and in-store media solutions.
We are currently looking for a Licensing Manager to work under the supervision of the Vice President, Legal & Business Affairs.
What you’ll do
- Research copyright information for songs on Internet and available databases;
- Request licenses and approvals from music publishers and/or collective societies;
- Enter song information and licenses in Stingray’s database and/or Excel documents;
- Accurately maintain and/or update Stingray’s database;
- Coordinate with the Content team with respect to new songs/catalogs and required licenses;
- Coordinate with the IT team with respect to any issues or improvements to Stingray’s database;
- Review royalty statements to be sent to music publishers for the karaoke services;
- Assist the Sales team with the licensing of Stingray’s master recordings to third parties;
- Manage and supervise the Licensing Coordinator and the Licensing Administrator;
- Maintain an efficient classification of files; and
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Vice President, Legal & Business Affairs.
What we are looking for
- 5 years of experience in music licensing;
- Bilingual is essential (English and French, spoken and written);
- Computer skills (Internet, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. including typing/database entry);
- Strong communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, meticulous;
- Ability to prioritize, to multi-task efficiently, to work under pressure and to comply with deadlines;
- Self-motivated, having a positive attitude and being a team-player; and
- Ability to adapt to a constant evolving environment.
- Share purchase plan (with a contribution from Stingray);
- Breakfasts and snacks offered every day;
- On-site cafeteria offering lunches at a very reasonable price;
- Generous contribution by Stingray to the CDM GYM fees;
- On-site free yoga lessons offered twice a week;
- And much more!
Stingray's offices are located in the Old Port of Montreal just minutes from the Lachine Canal bike path, a prime location for picnics or a jogging at lunch time. We are a young, energetic company committed to the well-being of our employees and who ensures it through benefits such as breakfasts, snacks, coffee for all tastes, free treats and 5@7 Fridays. We also have access to virtual health care! What else to say?
If you are looking for an exceptional workplace and have what it takes to fill this role, please send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Not the job for you? Check out our Careers page to consult other available positions and learn more about Stingray. We’re always on the lookout for new talent.