External Communications and Public Relations Manager
Are you a driven public relations professional with a proven track record of achieving results on a global scale, a keen eye for branding opportunities, an obsession for well-crafted messages, and a passion for music? Are you as comfortable developing relationships with trend-setting Instagram influencers as with high-level investors and financial reporters?
If so, you might be the candidate we are looking for!
As Stingray’s External Communications and Public Relations Manager, you will lead the development and implementation of communications, media, and public relations strategies. If you are up to the challenge, you will increase our brand awareness through targeted national and international communication marketing campaigns, support product launches and develop our corporate profile with music industry stakeholders, investors, specialized trade media and general media.
What you’ll do
- Create and maintain a favorable public image for Stingray;
- Develop communication plans to increase Stingray’s profile in key markets including strategy, goals, budget, deadlines and tactics;
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business, lifestyle and industry media;
- Field media inquiries and interview requests, pitch stories to the media in a variety of formats, write press releases, prepare media kits, align opportunities with appropriate spokespeople and organizing press conferences as required;
- Support CMO and CEO in their respective industry or media appearance;
- Develop influential marketing campaigns with support from the digital marketing team;
- Liaise with local and global PR firms as required;
- Develop and maintain relationships with key trade media in close collaboration with the Artist & Label Relations Lead;
- Follow trends and external factors that may impact our image and adapt to them.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in communications, public relations, or marketing preferred;
- 7 to 10 years of experience in a similar role;
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both a local and national level.
What you are good at
- Exceptional writing and editing skills in French and English (knowledge of Spanish is an asset);
- Being a confident communicator and presenter;
- Positive team player;
- Detail and customer oriented with excellent multitasking and organisational abilities.
- Share purchase plan (with a contribution from Stingray);
- Group benefit plan;
- Breakfasts and snacks offered every day;
- On-site cafeteria offering lunches at budget-friendly price;
- Generous nearby gym membership discount;
- On-site free yoga lessons offered twice a week;
- On-site live artist performance;
- 5@7 Fridays;
- And much more!
Stingray's offices are located in the Old Port of Montreal just minutes from the Lachine Canal bike path, a prime location for picnics or jogging at lunch time. We are a young, energetic company committed to the well-being of our employees and ensure it through awesome perks like breakfasts, snacks, coffee for all tastes, free treats and 5@7 Fridays. We also offer access to virtual health care! What more could one want?
If you are looking for an exceptional workplace and have what it takes to fill this role, please send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Not the job for you? Check out our Careers page to consult other available positions and learn more about Stingray. We’re always on the lookout for new talent.