Digital Graphic Designer
You didn’t choose design; design chose you.
You have an innate talent for eye-catching layouts and always pay careful attention to detail. You have a keen understanding of web design principles, you are familiar with both branding and digital marketing best practices and you may even know a thing or two about motion design. Your peers and colleagues rave about your work ethic, your ability to take constructive criticism, and your eagerness to learn.
In short, you’re a talented web designer and/or graphic artist with a promising portfolio, an insatiable curiosity, and a desire to grow among kindred spirits and music lovers.
Sound about right?
Welcome, oh Creative One. Your dream job as Digital Graphic Designer awaits.
What you’ll do
- Thoughtfully turn digital marketing objectives into effective graphics for web, social media, and TV;
- Under the supervision of the Art Director, collaborate on creative concepts and visual direction of brand marketing and user-acquisition initiatives;
- Create performance-driven visuals that resonate with audiences and lead to desired conversions;
- Manage the bulk of digital production design work, including banner versioning;
- Help translate wireframes into UX-friendly and aesthetically appealing interfaces;
- Ensure brand and creative consistency across all touchpoints;
- Participate in the development of visual identity systems for Stingray’s ever-evolving brands and linear channels;
- Participate in the design of PowerPoint presentations;
- Follow design team processes and workflows to maximize production efficiency;
- Research latest industry trends, tools, emerging tech, and best practices; review, share, and apply learnings;
- Contribute to Stingray’s positive company culture;
- Report into the Creative Services Director.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s or technical degree in Graphic Design, Interactive Web Design, Multimedia or another relevant field of study;
- 2-3+ years working as a Graphic and/or Web Designer in advertising and/or digital marketing environment;
- Broad knowledge and experience with Adobe Creative Suite;
- Design portfolio that showcases an array of graphics for web, print, tv and/or branding;
- Experience with television graphics and motion design (and Adobe Premiere) an asset;
- Proficiency in both English and French.
What you are good at
- Commitment to applying the latest graphic design and typography trends;
- Ability to think critically and creatively;
- Technical design knowledge and skills;
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral, and via design);
- Ability to work well under pressure, in a cross-functional environment;
- Self-motivation to grow and learn.
- Share purchase plan (with a contribution from Stingray);
- Group benefit plan
- Breakfasts, coffee and snacks offered every day;
- On-site cafeteria offering full lunches at budget-friendly price;
- Nearby gym membership discount;
- On-site free yoga lessons offered twice a week;
- On-site live artist performances;
- And much more!
Stingray's offices are located in the Old Port of Montreal just minutes from the Lachine Canal bike path, a prime location for picnics or jogging at lunch time. We are a young, energetic company committed to the well-being of our employees and ensure it through awesome perks like breakfasts, snacks, coffee for all tastes, free treats and 5@7 Fridays. We also offer access to virtual health care! What more could one want?
Sound like your cup of tea? Go ahead and apply while we put the water to boil. Simply send us your resume and a link to your portfolio at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not the job for you? Check out our Careers page to consult other available positions and learn more about Stingray. We’re always on the lookout for new talent.