Backend Software Developer
Are you ready to join a team of tech-savvy music lovers and watch your career take off in an exciting, fast-paced, and innovative work environment?
If you are resourceful, independent, accountable and have the ability to adapt to new situations, we want to hear from you!
Our development team is currently looking for a talented Backend Software Developer to work on a wide variety of multimedia projects on cutting edge platforms and technologies in our Development team. You will have the opportunity to be part of the creation and development of generic interactive and multimedia application servers for Web, mobile and smart tv platforms. We’re looking for smart, curious and multi-talented people who and want to create exceptional products.
What You’ll Do
- Participate actively in the elaboration and design of the product;
- Design and implement software functionalities;
- Support and maintain the systems you designed;
- Work closely with artists, managers and teammates.
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering or computer sciences (or equivalent working experience);
- Exceptional programming skills in at least one language (Java, C++, C#, etc.);
- Experience in Windows and Linux programming;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Independence and ability to learn fast;
- Great ability to adapt to changes;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and French;
- Curiosity and desire to learn new technologies (Java 8, Grails, Play Framework, Akka, Guice, Guava).
Even Better If You Have
- Experience in the development with Web Application servers. (Tomcat, JBoss, etc.);
- Experience with SQL database and NoSql (DyanamoDB, Cassandra);
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (S3, DynamoDB, EC2, SQS, etc.);
- Experience with Caching Server (Memcache, Redis, etc.);
- Experience with different Java Framework (Play Framework, Grails, Spring, etc.);
- Experience in Concurrent Programming (Actor-Based / Event-Based);
- Experience with a continuous integration tool (Jenkins, Bamboo, Hudson, etc.);
- Experience with micro services (Docker, ECS).
If you are looking for an exceptional work atmosphere and possess the required profile, please send us your resume at email@example.com
Not the job for you? Check out our Careers page to consult other available positions and learn more about Stingray. We’re always on the lookout for new talent.
Stingray supports the principles of Employment Equity and is committed to ensuring our workforce is representative of the communities we serve and in which we operate. Women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities are encouraged to apply and to self-identify so we can work towards full representation of those groups within our company.