- StarHub, first Pay-TV provider in Asia to broadcast Stingray Brava and Stingray DJAZZ
- StarHub renews the distribution of Stingray iConcerts and the Stingray Karaoke catalogue
Singapore, March 15, 2017 — Stingray Digital Group Inc. (TSX: RAY. A; RAY. B), a leading business-to-business multiplatform music services provider, is proud to announce that, only five (5) months following the opening of its Asian headquarters in Singapore, it has renewed and expanded a distribution agreement with Singapore’s leading Pay-TV operator StarHub.
StarHub Agreement Highlights
- Agreement grows Stingray’s potential subscriber reach by almost 500,000 households. StarHub is the first Pay-TV provider in Asia to broadcast the Stingray Brava and Stingray DJAZZ specialty television channels.
- Stingray Brava presents celebrated classical music concerts, operas, and ballets filmed in the most prestigious venues.
- Stingray DJAZZ showcases the world’s greatest jazz performances filmed around the world.
- StarHub has also renewed the distribution of Stingray iConcerts, the television destination for live music performances (also available on demand), and licensed Stingray Karaoke’s on demand service.
Stingray DJAZZ and Stingray Brava are now included in StarHub’s new premium offering, the Connoisseur Pack, a television package that gives viewers access to the “the finer things in life” including the best in classical and contemporary music programming.
“Expanding our agreement with StarHub cements Stingray’s position in the Asian market as the preeminent provider of multiplatform music services for entertainment content providers,” said Mathieu Sibille, Managing Director of Stingray for Asia-Pacific and CEO of Stingray iConcerts. “We are thrilled to grow our partnerships with the region’s key players and have the opportunity to introduce Stingray’s comprehensive channel offering which, in addition to its global reach, is always adapted to local taste and trends in response to our partners’ unique requirements.”
Stingray (TSX: RAY.A; RAY.B) is a leading business-to-business multi-platform music and in-store media solutions provider operating on a global scale, reaching an estimated 400 million Pay-TV subscribers (or households) in 152 countries. Geared towards individuals and businesses alike, Stingray’s products include the following leading digital music and video services: Stingray Music, Stingray Concerts, Stingray iConcerts, Stingray Brava, Stingray DJAZZ, Stingray Music Videos, Stingray Lite TV, Stingray Ambiance, Stingray Karaoke, Festival 4K, and Classica. Stingray also offers various business solutions, including music and digital display-based solutions, through its Stingray Business division. Stingray is headquartered in Montreal and currently has over 350 employees worldwide, including in the United States, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Switzerland, France, Israel, Australia and South Korea. Stingray was recognized in 2013 and 2014 as a finalist in the Top 50 of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50TM list, and figures amongst PROFIT magazine’s fastest-growing Canadian companies. In 2016, Stingray was awarded best IR for an IPO at the IR Magazine Awards – Canada. For more information, please visit www.stingray.com.
For more information, please contact:
Managing Director of Stingray for Asia-Pacific and CEO of Stingray iConcerts