- Stingray Music is the streaming music service featuring the largest catalogue of Canadian music channels
- Stingray has given out over $7.5 M in support of Canadian artists and the Canadian music industry
- Stingray invites Canadian listeners to come together and help curate the greatest province-specific channels ever heard
Ottawa, May 16, 2017 – Stingray is proud to be Canadian and share its love of homegrown music. Stingray today confirmed that, amongst all streaming music services, it is the only one dedicated to promoting Canadian talent.
Through its Stingray Music service, Stingray celebrates music scenes from Coast to Coast with an unsurpassed selection of over 200 Canadian music channels featuring artists in all genres and from all eras, more than Apple Music (37 playlists), Deezer (24 playlists) Google Play Music (9 playlists), Spotify (8 playlists), and Slacker (0 playlists) combined.
With a reach of 90% of the Canadian market (10 million households), Stingray’s efforts result in incomparable visibility for Canadian artists. Close to 15,000 Canadian artists and bands are broadcast on Stingray Music channels on TV, mobile, and the web.
In addition, Stingray’s expert music programmers actively promote local talent in recommendations and search results at home and abroad, making Stingray the number one exporter of Canadian music.
”Stingray may be present in over 156 countries, but our greatest pride is providing the only truly Canadian music streaming service, and playing an active role in promoting artists from coast to coast,” said Mathieu Péloquin, Senior Vice-President, Marketing and Communications of Stingray. “With over 200 channels dedicated to Canadian music and support programs for the industry and up-and-coming artists, Stingray’s heart beats to the rhythm of our country’s amazing music talent.”
Stingray Coast to Coast: For Canadians. By Canadians
Stingray is calling out to music lovers from Coast to Coast to help curate the greatest province-specific Canadian music channels ever heard!
From May 17 to June 16, 2017, Canadians are invited to join Stingray Music on Facebook and nominate tracks by their province’s best singers, bands, and musicians. Participants will be entered to win one of 10 $150 travel credits offered by VIA Rail.
Starting June 21, 2017, and leading up to Canada Day, Stingray will share one channel a day on Facebook and on the Stingray Coast2Coast web page. The channels will be available for streaming through the Stingray Music mobile app and web player.
For more information, visit the Stingray Coast2Coast web page.
Stingray Coast to Coast Highlights:
Stingray Music, truly Canadian
Stingray Music is a free multiplatform music service available to Canadians on TV, mobile, and the web.
- A selection of 200 channels devoted to Canadian music with the most in-depth selection of music from the regions, cultures, and eras that define our home and native land.
- Canadian channels are actively promoted by Stingray’s team of music experts in recommendations and search results.
- Thanks to its strong ties with the music industry, Stingray Music has access to all the newest releases in all genres from the most popular to most niche.
- Listeners can also enjoy channels curated by some of the country’s most popular music festivals including the Montreal Jazz Festival, Folk Music Ontario, Break Out West, the Halifax Jazz Fest, etc.
Support to artists and the Canadian music industry
- Stingray is committed to supporting the Canadian music industry and up-and-coming talent. Through a number of initiatives and the Stingray Rising Stars program, Stingray has invested over $7.5 M in grants and partnerships since 2008.
- The Stingray PausePlay series presents exclusive interviews and intimate performances with today’s hottest chart-toppers and emerging. Since the series’ launch, 93 Canadian artists have been featured and promoted on Stingray’s social media platforms.
For more information about Stingray’s commitment to Canadian music: http://music.stingray.com/canadian-music-coast2coast
Stingray (TSX: RAY.A; RAY.B) is a leading business-to-business multi-platform music and in-store media solutions provider operating on a global scale, reaching an estimated 400 million pay TV subscribers (or households) in 156 countries. Geared towards individuals and businesses alike, Stingray’s products include the following leading digital music and video services: Stingray Music, Stingray Concerts, Stingray iConcerts, Stingray Brava, Stingray DJAZZ, Stingray Music Videos, Stingray Lite TV, Stingray Ambiance, Stingray Karaoke, Festival 4K, and Classica. Stingray also offers various business solutions, including music and digital display-based solutions, through its Stingray Business division. Stingray is headquartered in Montreal and currently has close to 350 employees worldwide, including in the United States, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, France, Israel, Australia, South Korea, and Singapore. Stingray was recognized in 2013 and 2014 as a finalist in the Top 50 of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50TM list, and figures amongst PROFIT magazine’s fastest-growing Canadian companies. In 2016, Stingray was awarded best IR for an IPO at the IR Magazine Awards – Canada. For more information, please visit www.stingray.com.
For more detailed information, please contact:
Stingray Digital Group
Senior Vice President, Marketing and Communications
514-664-1244, ext. 2362