Are you ready to join a team of tech-savvy music lovers and witness your career take off as you thrive in a setting like no other?
If you are an analytical, problem solving finance professional looking to make your mark with an industry leader, we want to hear from you!
We are currently seeking for a Financial Analyst to join our Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) and Strategic Initiatives Group. The M&A and Strategic Initiatives Group is responsible for coordinating the strategic development activities of the company, including long-range planning and evaluation and execution of potential investment, merger, acquisition, joint venture, or partnership opportunities.
Over the past 10 years, the Company has completed over 32 transactions across the globe. The M&A and Strategic Initiatives Group provides high quality financial and strategic advice to senior management and officers of Stingray and its subsidiaries, with the ultimate objective of enhancing shareholder value. This position reports to the SVP, Mergers & Acquisitions.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide financial modeling and industry research support on a wide range of strategic and M&A projects across all Stingray operating divisions.
- Develop and maintain detailed models to analyze the financial impact of various corporate, operating and M&A projects.
- Conduct industry research to understand economic and music distribution trends as well as industry drivers and the competitive landscape.
- Participate in the coordination of the due diligence and integration processes for acquisitions / divestitures.
- Conduct detailed research and prepare relative valuation on comparable companies and precedent transactions.
- Coordinate with members of the Stingray operating units to obtain underlying financial model assumptions and raw data.
- 2-5 years of work experience, preferably with exposure to financial modeling.
- University degree with a concentration in finance or accounting.
- CPA or CFA designation is an asset.
- Knowledge of and interest in the music industry is an asset.
- Openness to occasional international travel.
- Flexibility to work additional hours when the need arises.
- Solid work ethic.
- Deep understanding of key accounting and financial theory concepts.
- Sound and well developed analytical skills, along with an ability to make well-reasoned and supported conclusions.
- Excellent oral and written (English and French) communication skills (English and French) as well as interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (modeling skills) and PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize several projects simultaneously.
If you are looking for an exceptional work atmosphere and have what it takes to fill this role, please send us your resume to email@example.com
Not the job for you? Check out our Careers page to consult our other open positions and to learn more about Stingray. We’re always on the lookout for new talent.