Join a team of passionate individuals and witness your career take off and thrive in a setting like no other.
Stingray is a leading business-to-business multi-platform music and in-store media solutions provider operating on a global scale, reaching an estimated 400 million Pay-TV subscribers in 152 countries. Geared towards individuals and businesses alike, Stingray's products include the following leading digital music and video services: Stingray Music, Stingray Concerts, Stingray Music Videos, Stingray Lite TV, Stingray Ambiance and Stingray Karaoke. Stingray also offers various business solutions, including music and digital display-based solutions through its Stingray Business division.
Stingray is currently looking for a full-time junior in-house legal counsel in its Montreal office to work under the supervision of the Vice President, Legal & Business Affairs. Stingray is a young and energetic company that offers a friendly work environment.
Description of Tasks
- Drafting or review of partnership agreements and sponsorship agreements between Stingray and third parties, in English and French;
- Drafting or review of various types of agreements (e.g. non-disclosure agreements, services agreements) between Stingray and third parties, most of which are in English;
- Drafting and review of license agreements between Stingray and various content providers (e.g. producers, aggregators, artists, etc.), most of which are in English;
- Provide legal advices and opinions as required by the management and the Vice President, Legal & Business Affairs;
- Provide assistance to other in-house counsels as needed; and
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Vice President, Legal & Business Affairs.
- Law degree completed and member in good standing of the Quebec bar;
- Cumulate at least 2 years of experience in commercial law (particularly, in contract negotiation and drafting) and in IP law;
- Experience in copyright, IT, media or entertainment law would be considered a tremendous asset;
- Perfectly Bilingual (French, English), both orally and in writing;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to manage priorities and multiple files at once in an efficient manner; and
- Ability to work alone and in a team.
If you are looking for an exceptional work atmosphere and possess the required profile, please send us your resume at email@example.com