Join a team of passionate individuals and witness your career take off and thrive in a setting like no other.
Stingray is a leading business-to-business multi-platform music and in-store media solutions provider operating on a global scale, reaching an estimated 400 million Pay-TV subscribers in 152 countries. Geared towards individuals and businesses alike, Stingray's products include the following leading digital music and video services: Stingray Music, Stingray Concerts, Stingray Music Videos, Stingray Lite TV, Stingray Ambiance and Stingray Karaoke. Stingray also offers various business solutions, including music and digital display-based solutions through its Stingray Business division.
We are seeking a Director Finance and Compliance to join our Finance team for a one-year contract (September 2017 to 2018).
Roles and Responsibilities
- Supervise Canadian and International consolidated and operational financial data and reports to management as required.
- Assistance for complex accounting issues (ex: consolidation, new accounting standards to implement).
- Income taxes and internal transfer pricing supervisor for Canadian and US entities with the help of the tax controller.
- In charge of the Continuous disclosure obligations for Public Companies (example: Annual and Quarterly filings of financial statements, management report)
- Support the other team members on various tasks related to month end or ad hoc demands.
- Support the maintenance of the accounting system and oversees the team for projects.
- Supervise the accounting for holdings and international companies including maintaining a separate general ledger and prepare annual financial statements.
- Support to the SVP Legal and CFO for the Audit Committee, Governance Committee and Board of Directors
- Support to the SVP Marketing, SVP Legal, CFO and CEO for Investors relations and Financial analyst communication
- Review systematic and disciplined tests of company records detailing business transactions and processes in order to assess the control environment of the business activity under review as part of the Audit plan.
- Report on the results, provide data analytics and summarises operating information and trends.
- Evaluate and rate the control environment with all compensating controls.
- After assessing and determining root causes, make recommendations to resolve issues which may include training, policy, roles and responsibilities, as they may relate to the findings in the audit.
- BAC in accounting with a CPA/CA title.
- Previous work experience in audit, finance or related role.
- At least 10 years of experience.
- Bilingual (spoken and written).
- Analytical profile and team supervision
- Good knowledge of Excel.
- Knowledge of Great Plains an asset.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good capacity to work in a team environment and good leader.
- Proven ability to investigate and question data in order to gather sufficient information to ascertain root causes assessing the risk.
- Autonomous and dynamic.
If you are looking for an exceptional work atmosphere and possess the required profile, please send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org